It’s Labor Day and I can’t believe there are only four months left in the year! Craziness! Anyhoo on to my somewhat controversial Blog topic. When was the last time you had a bra fitting? if you are anything like me it had been years!!!! I took a client on Friday to get one done at Nordstrom in Tysons and the fantastic fitter Naomi hooked us up, no pun intended, haha. I had been wearing a 36 C bra when I was measured as a 32 DDD. Oops. My girls must have been pretty pissed with me all this time. Naomi found me two amazing bras that fit me perfectly and gave me the support I have been missing. This is soooo important because how your bra fits you or doesn’t, changes how your clothes fit you!
Here’s what you need to know about how a bra should fit you properly.
- The band, not the straps is what supports you. If it doesn’t fit correctly then it offers you no support
- The proper way to put on a bra is straps first, adjust your breast tissue into the cups, and then clasp it.
- Don’t wear a bra more than two days in a row, it doesn’t give the elastic time to rest
- Have at least 5 or 6 bras to rotate wearing so they last longer
- The average bra lasts 8 months.
Where should you go to get fitted? No diss to Victoria’s Secret but not there. Most of the department stores have professional bra fitters, I prefer Nordstrom and Soma is a great option too.
Well, that’s all for today my lovelies. Do you have any bra tips or funny stories about your bra fitting? Hit me up at Kara@KaraAllan.com or on my website KaraAllan.com or on Twitter @KaraAllan.