27 Apr 5 Ways to Look More Polished
Hello my lovelies!
I am so happy that it is finally Springtime and we are getting some semi-normal weather. In my days of meetings, and lunches and clients I have been observing all the ways that people’s grooming, the good, the bad and the thought worthy. It takes just as much time to look good that it takes to be sloppy so why not choose the former? Like it or not we are a visually judgy society. Within 30 seconds people make an assessment of who you are by the way you look and the way you carry yourself. There are benefits and drawbacks to both. I would like to focus on the positive so today I am going to give you some tips on how to look polished!
1. Grooming: It may seem stupid and you would think most adults would get this but, um, yeah a lot don’t. Take a shower, wash, dry and style your hair. Cut your nails and if you want, polish them, just don’t have crack, chipped, polish. Put on deodorant and ladies wear makeup! You don’t have to do a drag queen impression, but for God sakes, don’t go out of the house looking like you just rolled out of bed! Use lotion and get a pedicure. Guys this goes for you too! Nobody wants to look at or touch scaly dry skin, ick.
2. Choose a perfume/cologne that speaks to who you are. There is nothing more intoxicating and sexy than a woman or man who smells divine. I love Chanel Chance Eau Tendre. It’s a fresh fragrance that is not overpowering. I also love Gucci Guilty Black which I wear when I wanna be…. bad.
3. Practice Good Posture – Good posture speaks volumes about your confidence. The trick is to be relaxed and not stiff. Imagine yourself being pulled ever so gently up by a balloon by the top of your head. Nicole Kidman has fantastic posture try and emulate! Good posture is sexyyyyy.
4. Get rid of the shine. It’s hard I know, especially when you live in a warm climate. But a flawless finish speaks cool and relaxed. Get a foundation that has a little powder in it like MAC Mineralize Skinfinish. It works.
5. Get Enough Sleep. There’s nothing sexy about looking tired and disheveled. Nothing. Give your body the beauty sleep it deserves. Sleep can speed healing with breakouts give you great skin! It also helps relieve stress. Get your zzzz’s
That’s all for today my lovelies. Do you have any beauty tips that work for you? Hip me up @KaraAllan on Twitter or Kara@KaraAllan.com.
If you have a product you would like have shown here, or an event you want us to visit, let us know! Contact us at Kara@KaraAllan.com
Making the Life of Your Dreams, A Reality!